Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Lent 2007 - A Journey Of Reflection

Tuesday 27th March - 6th. Station of the Cross

As the sorrowful procession moves slowly on, a woman, who with anxious gaze has watched its approach, steps forward and wipes the sacred face of Jesus. It is a simple action, yet reveals the kindly thoughtfulness of a charitable heart.

Gladly would Veronica have done all in her power to lessen the sufferings of the Lord, to ease the dreadful burden which was crushing Him, to show some mark of sympathy and compassion.

That little act of love touched the broken Heart of Jesus; He wipes the clotted blood and streaming sweat from His face, leaving his sacred image stamped on the veil of veronica; but deeper and more clear cut did He impress on her heart the memory of His passion.

Reflection

Passio Christi, comfort me! Comfort me for the day is long and weary; comfort me as I fight my way up the path of life safe to the haven of Thy Sacred Heart, comfort me in sorrow, pain and sickness.